December 4th, 2018 3:58 PM
Ten influential Oak Parkers are gearing up for the fourth annual TEDx Oak Park Women Conference, where speakers will share their ideas under the theme "showing up."
The event will be held Dec. 6, at the Nineteenth Century Club. Doors open at 4:30 p.m. and talks begin at 6.
More information is available at tedxoakparkwomen.com.
This year's event features:
- Aishwarya "Aishu" Ravindran, who competed in the foundation solo dance and had the prestigious opportunity to perform in Bharati Vidya Bhavan in Mylapore, Chennai.
- Cate Readling, co-founder of Oak Park Scouts for Equality and an organizer with Oak Park Call To Action and the People's Lobby.
- Christa Desir, who writes contemporary fiction for young adults, including Fault Line; Bleed Like Me; Other Broken Things; Love Blind; and Four-Letter Word.
- Cynthia K. Wade, founder and managing director of do-over.me, a nonprofit that provides practical support to people in career transition.
- Jeanne Malnati, licensed psychotherapist, expert in workplace wellness, and founder and CEO of the Culture Group.
- Kamau "Maui" Jones, founder and artistic director of Echo Theater Collective.
- Kara Jackson, Adroit Journal mentee and award-winning writer, also an alumna of the Spoken Word Club at OPRF High School.
- Morgan Field, author of the six-time award-winning, Amazon best-selling book, Epic Sexy You.
- Reesheda Graham-Washington, founding CEO of L!VE 2.0 LLC and executive director of Communities First Association.
- Susan L. Adler, therapist who was named Chicago Social Worker of the Year by the National Association of Social Workers Chicago Chapter.
* This story was updated to correct information stating that all of the speakers are women. Nine of the 10 speakers are women.